Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Drifting into Winter

Last night, some friends and I attended our local Trout Unlimited Chapter event featuring the epic fly fishing film, DRIFT, written by Tom Bie, editor of the Drake Magazine. DRIFT took us on a cinematic adventure across the flats of Belize and the Bahamas, down the tailwaters of the Green, Frying Pan and the Big Horn, spey casting on the Deschutes, and exploring the exotic rivers of Kashmir, India.

Going into winter, this film was a great way to keep me excited about fly fishing. It definitely jazzed up my brother-in-law, Willie, who called me first thing this morning asking if I wanted to head out on the Colorado River for one last drift before winter on his hand-made Dory Drift Boat. Unfortunately, I was scheduled for a floor shift at our office this morning so I am hoping we can re-schedule for later this week or next... I'll take some photos of the trip for the blog.

We are very blessed with great fly fishing rivers and mountain lakes within a two-hour drive of Breckenridge. If you are ever planning a fishing trip to Summit County, please feel free to contact me regarding local fishing spots, conditions, area fly shops and recent "stories"... always fun to talk fly fishin.... We have some great fly fishing enthusiasts working in our offices including Jeff Moore, Sarah Barclay (President of the local Trout Unlimited Charter), Marty Frank and Casey Kellermann. We will try to share some fishing stories throughout the winter!

No comments: